*You can click all the photos in this blog to see a larger version.
** Please note that I am no champion spellar.
Click Here to view my photos on Flickr


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If you haven't been you must go!!!



To Lake Chelan, WA that is! I just got back from the most amazing week long hang gliding trip and had the best time ever! Darren Darsey, who was the meet director at this comp, has been the most exceptional hang gliding ambassador to the Pacific North West for me and has really made my stay in Seattle worth while.

I met and made great friends with some wonderful people... the flying community up here is one of the nicest, most laid back, and friendly I have ever been around (tied for 1st with the folks at Canungra, QLD). I would like to give them all a shout and say thank you very much for the amazing experience; oh, and I must include the bobble head crew from the bay area. (below: Ben and the high heal shoe incident).



Beautiful lake, the Columbia river, amazing flying, more dust devils than you have ever seen in one place - Lake Chelan has it all. I flew over a feild one day that had a mother and father dust devil with about 6 children dust devils... AMAZING. Sailplanes everywhere... people flying all over the place... floating down the river in the evenings... great little town... funky restaurants... party scene... and near Southern grade hospitality. I'll be at the Chelan Classic again next year for sure.

Big shouts to: Larry & Tina, Tom Pierce, Mike Daily, Katy, Tom & Lori, Kameron, Konrad, Dave Scott, Trig, Larry Snyder, "Chip", Darren Darsey, JD, HEATHER, Bruce, Ben, Marty, Arron, Tim, Frank, Mark (BC), Chris Culler, Drake!! Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home